3 Easy Lunchbox Meals
When you’re in a pinch but want variety, just mix-and-match with a few ingredients to completely transform your meals. Start out with a base – like lettuce, lean ground meat and tomatoes – then add different ingredients throughout the week! Here we will be teaching you how to prepare super delicious easy lunchbox meals.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with olive oil and set on medium heat. Add onions and cook until brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add lean meat, and chop it up and cook in the skillet using a spatula. Add the seasonings and continue to cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Assemble the meal. Add lettuce, a fourth of the meat (or your measured portion) and 1 diced tomato. Then add the remaining ingredients for the Tex-Mex lunchbox. I recommend adding the avocado the morning you’re going to eat the meal AND squirting a little lime on top to prevent any browning.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 300 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the Tzatziki in a bowl and refrigerate overnight for best results in terms of flavor.
- Assemble the meal. Add lettuce, a fourth of the meat (or your measured portion) and 1 diced tomato. Then add about 1/4 cup of the tzatziki along with a serving of wheat pita chips or pita bread. You can keep the pita chips/bread in a separate bag so they will not get soggy. Garnish and enjoy!
- Add all of the ingredients for the salad in a bowl and mix together. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Assemble the meal. Add lettuce, a fourth of the meat (or your measured portion) and 1 diced tomato. Add a serving of the salad.
- Enjoy the salad with your favorite low-calorie vinaigrette.