Quarantine Cooking – Homemade Chocolate Granola Cereal with Almond Butter
Chocolate Granola Cereal Recipe
- Set oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well until EVERY oat is covered in the mixture.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Add the oats and spread them out in the pan.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes total, STIRRING HALFWAY through. This is important to do – remember to take the granola out the oven halfway through and stir it up using a spatula, then spread it back out and continue baking.
- Once finished baking, and your house smells amazing, place the granola on a cooling rack, or even on the counter (while still on the parchment paper).
- Once the granola has nearly cooled down, about 10 minutes, sprinkle in the chocolate chips. TIP: The granola should not be so hot that it immediately melts the chocolate. If so, wait to add the chocolate. Stir the granola with the chocolate chips and then allow everything to cool down to room temperature. You can also place the granola in a fully cooled baking tray and place it in the fridge for 10 – 15 minutes to help it cool with the chocolate.
- Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 months at room temperature, or in the fridge to last even longer.
- Enjoy as cereal or as a parfait.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.