Souper Salad Meal Prep – Chicken Chowder & Kale Salad
Cheap Chicken Chowder
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- Set a skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onion, celery, rosemary and thyme. Stir and cook until the onions turn slightly brown and the oil is fragrant, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and lite coconut milk. Bring to a light simmer, then add raw cauliflower florets and chopped chicken. If you’re in a pinch for time, you can use frozen cauliflower but just add that at the END of the recipe along with the corn. You’ll cook long enough to thaw and cook the cauliflower through. Stir, reduce the heat to low-medium, then cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Fold in the frozen corn. In a small bowl, add a few tablespoons of the broth to arrowroot starch, stir it up then add to the chowder. Quickly stir, season to taste with sea salt & pepper and then remove from the heat to slightly cool and thicken.
- If desired, top off individual servings with cheddar cheese.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
- In a large bowl, toss the ingredients together for the salad.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the dressing. Season to taste with sriracha, water, vinegar and lime. Separate the dressing into 4 small containers.