Comfort Food – Steak Dinner for Carnivores & Vegans
Carnivore Vegan Steak Dinner
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- Place a small amount of water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add raw cauliflower, cover and steam until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Set a nonstick skillet on HIGH heat. Once hot, spray with oil, then add the green beans. Sear the greens and toss them in the skillet for a few minutes as marks begin to appear along the edges. Add 2- 3 tablespoons of water to the skillet to create steam (which will help soften them) and continue tossing the green beans. Once the green beans are crisp-tender, about 4-6 minutes, reduce the heat to medium and add the fresh garlic. QUICKLY toss the green beans in the garlic and remove from the skillet.
- Place the skillet back on the heat, increase to HIGH. Once hot, spray with oil then add the beef sirloin. Note: If you are using eggplant, simple roast the eggplant with sea salt, pepper and olive oil in the oven for 15 minutes at 420F. Toss the beef in the skillet and ensure dark, rich sears appear along the sides. Once the beef is about 60% cooked and the edges are seared, reduce the heat to medium and add the rosemary, olive oil and butter. Baste the beef in the sauce continuously for 2 – 3 minutes. Then remove the beef from the skillet using tongs so that any sauce still remains in the skillet.
- Add garlic, onions and mushrooms to the skillet. Saute for 3 – 5 minutes until the onions turn brown and translucent. Pour in the sauce and as soon as the color begins to change – turn glassy and shiny – remove the skillet from the heat and continuously stir to thicken the sauce. Add the beef to the sauce and place back on the heat to simmer and to allow the meat to cook through under the heat of the skillet . Note: for VEGANS, use vegetable broth and add the roasted eggplant to the skillet to cook through. Set aside and garnish with fresh parsley.
- In the same pot steaming the cauliflower, empty out ALL and any excess water. Add the remaining ingredients for the cauliflower mash to the pot. Use an immersion blender or potato masher or fork to mix everything together and season to taste with sea salt & pepper. Garnish!
- Serve and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.