Here is a re-mixed version of my turkey wrapped breakfast muffins! Equally tasty and completely vegetarian. Great way to ensure your daily servings of vegetables.
Ingredients for 12 loaded muffins:
- 12 thick slices raw zucchini (equal to about 1.5 large zucchini)
- 4 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 500g sweet potato (measured uncooked)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2/3 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 cup portobello mushroom (chopped)
- Seasonings: garlic powder, Italian seasoning, sea salt, pepper
- Set oven to 405F.
- Measure out portion of sweet potato and chop into pieces. Season with italian seasoning, garlic, sea salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes at 405F.
- Slice zucchini into strips about the thickness of a nickel using a mandolin.
- Chop up your veggies and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a muffin pan with baking spray.
- Add 1 strip of zucchini to a muffin mold to form a ring.
- Add a few pieces of baked sweet potato and then chopped veggies.
- Carefully spoon egg into the muffin molds, covering the potato and veggies, then top with mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes at 375F or until the egg is completely cooked.
- When they are finished baking, allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from the mold.
- Enjoy them while they are warm.
Approximate macros for 1 of 12 muffins:
102 calories, 8g protein, 11g carbs, 3g fat, 2g fiber, 3g sugar