This recipe is tasty. Nuff said.
Here’s a “meat lovers” spaghetti meatball recipe that is ketogenic friendly with some spice to keep your palette guessing.
Ingredients for 8 meatballs:
- 1 lb 85% ground bison (I used Simple Truth)
- 8 slices bacon (I used Simple Truth, uncured, nitrate-free bacon)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- pinches of sea salt & pepper
- Set oven to 400F.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat and add olive oil and red onion. Saute the onions until they are carmelized.
- Add the onions to a bowl and add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix and mash them up with a fork.
- Form small meatballs with your hands, about 8 ping pong ball-sized meatballs.
- Wrap each meatball in 1 strip of bacon and place it flap-side down on a baking sheet/rack.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400F. For the last 2-3 minutes of baking, set the temperature in the oven to broil so the outside gets a little crispy.
Approximate macros for 1 of 8 meatballs:
214 calories, 4g carbohydrates, 15g fat, 15g protein, <1g fiber, 2g sugar