Got a craving for Chinese food but don’t want the guilt? Try this lighter version of a orange chicken – your taste buds and your body will thank you.
Ingredients for at least 5 servings:
- 2 lb chicken breast (measured raw)
- 1/4 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or coconut aminos, or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp red pepper garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup organic, raw honey
- 2 tbsp sugar free orange marmalade
- juice from 3 clementines
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch (or arrowroot starch)
- sesame seeds, green onions
- spray coconut oil
- In a bowl, mix Bragg’s, rice vinegar, orange juice, orange marmalade, honey, red pepper sauce and tapioca starch. Set aside.
- Chop chicken into small pieces.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and spray with coconut oil. Add the chicken and cook until it is about 90% finished.
- Pour in the orange sauce and stir quickly. Reduce the heat, allow the sauce to thicken and continue stirring.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa.
Approximate macros for 1 of 5 servings:
259 calories, 42g protein, 17g carbs, 2g fat, <1g fiber, 13g sugar