This post is also available in: Spanish
Because carbohydrates don’t have all of the fun… Just add your favorite choice of protein (chicken, turkey or beef) and you have an epic slider.
- 12oz shaved lean flank or roast beef (or choice of protein)
- 1.5 oz mozzarella (reduced fat)
- 6 mushroom caps
- 1 roma tomato
- fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup low sodium marinara
- Italian seasoning
- Set oven to 350F.
- Wash mushrooms in cold water and remove the stems from the caps using a knife . Then, use a small spoon to gently scrape the interior of the mushroom until it is white.
- Build your slider: first one part of the mushroom cap (round side down), few leaves fresh basil, 1 slice Roma tomato, 4oz shaved meat, add 1/2 oz mozzarella slice, 1 tbsp marinara, the other mushroom cap to serve as the bun.
- Skewer with a kabob stick and place on a baking sheet.
- Use foil to prop the sliders up to prevent them from rolling around the pan.
- If desired, sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Repeat for the other two sliders.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Approximate macros for 1 slider:
270 calories, 37g protein, 2g carbs, 12g fat, <0g fiber, <0g sugar