Recipe Roulette – 15 min Thai-inspired Shrimp Pasta
I gave myself 15 minutes to create a recipe based off random criteria I drew from a bowl using ONLY the ingredients I currently had in my fridge. In the bowl were numbers representing the MAX number of ingredients I could use and various types of cuisines (Mediterranean, Thai, Chinese, soul food, Mexican, etc). Garnish and common ingredients like onion, garlic and oil did not count against the number of ingredients.
- 7 ingredients
So I created this AMAZING recipe for Thai-inspired shrimp pasta
Thai Shrimp Pasta Recipe
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook according to instructions given, then set aside.
- Set a large nonstick skillet on HIGH heat. Once hot, spray with oil – I used avocado oil – and add the sugar snap peas. Sear for about 1 – 2 minutes until you begin to see some sear marks, then add the shrimp and cook for an additional 2 -3 minutes. It is ok if the shrimp is not fully cooked after adding 3 minutes – you will cook it more later. Remove from the skillet and place skillet back on heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then pour in coconut milk and red curry paste. Stir everything together until the smooth and the color turns pink. If the sauce is boiling, reduce the heat even more and/or remove the skillet from the heat for a second or 2. Add in the peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- While the sauce is coming together, julienne the carrots (I.e., cut them into noodles using a peeler or a spiralizer).
- Add the cooked pasta and carrots to the sauce and toss together. Then fold in the shrimp and peas. Reduce the heat and ensure everything is well mixed. Cook together for the 4 to 6 minutes.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.