Tea Infused Lemon Tarragon Chicken & Rice
Lemon Tarragon Chicken
- In a mixing bowl add all of the ingredients and mix well. For best results, allow the chicken to marinate in the fridge for an hour (or overnight) or let the chicken rest at room temperature in the marinade for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Set a carbon steel or cast iron skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, spray generously with olive oil, then add the chicken thighs. Allow the thighs to cook/sear for 3 – 5 minutes, or until dark sear marks appear AND the chicken can easily be lifted off the skillet. Cook on the other side for another 3 – 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh chopped tarragon and lemon juice. Enjoy with lemony rice and veggies (see recipe below).
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
- Set oven to 400F.
- To a deep baking tray or lasagna pan, add the ingredients to cook the veggies. Toss the veggies in the oil & seasoning and ensure every piece is coated. Roast in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the edges of the zucchini begin to brown.
- Bring 2.5 – 2.75 cups of water to a boil, then add the tea and turn off the heat. Let it steep for 4 – 5 minutes. Remove the sachet (tea bag) then bring flavored water to a boil. Add jasmine rice, lemon zest and olive oil, then cook according to instructions provided until all liquid has been absorbed. Set aside.
- Add the cooked rice to the sheet pan of veggies and thoroughly mix well together. Garnish and enjoy with lemon & tarragon chicken.