Shrimp Coconut Rice with Mango Meal Prep
Shrimp Coconut Rice Recipe
- Set a nonstick skillet on high heat. Once hot, spray with avocado oil and toss in shrimp. As the shrimp cooks, lightly sprinkle in sea salt & pepper. Once the shrimp is plump and turned pink/white, remove the shrimp from the skillet and place the skillet back on the heat.
- Reduce heat to medium, add oil, onion and ginger and sauté until the onions turn SLIGHTLY brown and translucent, about 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the onions or ginger.
- Add jasmine rice and stir so that each grain of rice is covered in oil, onion and ginger and toast the rice for 2 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and water. Bring it to light simmer, then cover and cook until the liquid has been fully absorbed by the rice, about 25 – 35 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat once it is cooked to your satisfaction, then stir in cooked shrimp, diced bell peppers and diced mango. Pro-tip: chop up the shrimp so each bite has a bit of shrimp in it!
- Mix everything together and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.