Sesame Beef Broccoli Meal Prep Recipe
Thinking about takeout food for lunch or dinner? Forget the greasy takeout meals because you can never go wrong with trying this quick and easy beef broccoli recipe! A homemade dish that tastes even better than anything at the restaurants!
The cooking time of this meal only takes 30 mins more or less including prep time and is more budget-friendly. You can also easily monitor your caloric intake and stay on the right track towards achieving your fitness goals.
I’m using beef in this recipe because it’s versatile for stir fry dishes. It’s also flavorful and high in protein giving you sustained energy for your daily tasks.
This protein-packed meal is very easy to make and its ingredients are easy to find. Thinly sliced flank steak and broccoli florets make this stir fry recipe rich in protein, calcium, magnesium, potassium, dietary fibers, and vitamins A, B, and C.
You can use some alternatives for a few of the ingredients if you don’t have them at home. For example, instead of Bragg Liquid Aminos, you could use low-sodium soy sauce that’s easily found in most grocery stores.
In this recipe, I added sesame oil to enhance the flavor and get some distinct nutty aromas and tastes. I also used honey to get that sweet-savory taste. You can also use brown sugar if you prefer it over honey.
So, what are you waiting for? Add this beef and broccoli recipe to your saved recipes now so you can include it on your meal plans! If you’ve given this recipe a try, remember to drop me an email or comment down below!
Reading all of your insights, experiences, and adjustments to my recipes motivates me to keep working hard in my kitchen. Providing delicious and nutritious meals is very important to me — as well as being able to help you achieve your weight loss and fitness goals.
Have a great day, fit foodies!
Sesame Beef Broccoli Meal Prep Recipe
- In a small bowl, whisk together beef stock, liquid aminos, ginger, sesame oil, arrowroot starch and rice wine vinegar.
- Set a saucepan (or small skillet) on medium high heat and spray it with a little olive oil. Once the pan is hot, toss in garlic and blackberries. Sautee the blackberries for about 6 to 8 minutes, and allow them to explode under the heat. Gently mash down the berries using a spatula and stir them at the same time so that they do not burn.
- Add the bowl of sauce to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium and stir the sauce so that it begins to thicken. If you want the sauce to be sweeter, add the organic, raw honey and stir. Once the sauce is smooth, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
- Set a stir-fry wok (or large nonstick skillet) on medium-high heat. Once the wok is hot, toss in the thin slices of beef and cook for about 4 minutes, or until the majority of the beef is no longer pink.
- Add diced bell peppers to the skillet and stir quickly. As much as possible try to sear the bell peppers. Cook for about 3 minutes and then add the broccoli florets.
- TIP: If you prefer to have a sear on the veggies, first remove the beef from the skillet before adding in the veggies. Once the veggies are seared, then add the beef back to the skillet.
- Cook the beef and broccoli together for about 5 minutes and continue to stir with a spatula. Finally, reduce the heat to medium and pour in the sauce. Stir the mixture or shake and toss the food in the wok to ensure the stir-fry is evenly coated in the sauce. Cook and stir for another 2 to 3 minutes then serve.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy the stir-fry with a serving of brown rice or quinoa.
Approximate macros for 1 of 4 servings with optional ingredients:
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!