Sesame Beef & Broccoli
Ditch the takeout! You can never go wrong Beef & Broccoli stir-fry whenever you’re hungry. And it’s even better when you can make it at home for a fraction of the costs and calories so you can stay on track to achieve your fitness goals.
Sesame Beef & Broccoli
- In a small bowl, whisk together beef stock, liquid aminos, ginger, sesame oil, arrowroot starch and rice wine vinegar.
- Set a saucepan (or small skillet) on medium high heat and spray it with a little olive oil. Once the pan is hot, toss in garlic and blackberries. Sautee the blackberries for about 6 to 8 minutes, and allow them to explode under the heat. Gently mash down the berries using a spatula and stir them at the same time so that they do not burn.
- Add the bowl of sauce to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium and stir the sauce so that it begins to thicken. If you want the sauce to be sweeter, add the organic, raw honey and stir. Once the sauce is smooth, remove it from the heat and set it aside.
- Set a stir-fry wok (or large nonstick skillet) on medium-high heat. Once the wok is hot, toss in the thin slices of beef and cook for about 4 minutes, or until the majority of the beef is no longer pink.
- Add diced bell peppers to the skillet and stir quickly. As much as possible try to sear the bell peppers. Cook for about 3 minutes and then add the broccoli florets.
- TIP: If you prefer to have a sear on the veggies, first remove the beef from the skillet before adding in the veggies. Once the veggies are seared, then add the beef back to the skillet.
- Cook the beef and broccoli together for about 5 minutes and continue to stir with a spatula. Finally, reduce the heat to medium and pour in the sauce. Stir the mixture or shake and toss the food in the wok to ensure the stir-fry is evenly coated in the sauce. Cook and stir for another 2 to 3 minutes then serve.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Enjoy the stir-fry with a serving of brown rice or quinoa.
Approximate macros for 1 of 4 servings with optional ingredients:
Available in the FitMenCook app
Open this recipe in the FitMenCook app to add the ingredients to your shopping list, scale the recipe and track your calories. Enjoy!