Mexican-inspired Fried Rice
Mexican Fried Rice Recipe
- Season chicken breast with the seasonings and set aside.
- Set a nonstick wok on medium heat. Once hot, spray with avocado oil then add the eggs. Quickly scramble and chop them up, then remove from the skillet, about 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to HIGH. Once hot, add the oil and then the chopped tortilla chips. Cook for about 1 – 2 minutes until the pieces become crispy. Remove the pieces from the skillet and reduce the heat to medium.
- Once the skillet has cooled down to medium heat, add garlic, onion and bell pepper. Saute for 3 – 5 minutes until the edges of the onion have browned and the onions turn translucent. Increase heat back to high.
- Add the diced chicken and cook. Continually stir and cook the chicken through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen corn and continue to stir and fold everything together. Add the enchilada sauce and continuing stirring. Cook and stir until the majority of the sauce has coated the ingredients and the excess has “evaporated.”
- Add the rice (and fresh cilantro) and quickly fold everything together, about 2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Garnish and top with fried chips, and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.