One Skillet Mediterranean-Inspired Chicken & Rice
Mediterranean Chicken And Rice Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- Set a skillet on medium heat and olive oil.
- Season chicken thighs. Once the skillet is hot, toss in the chicken (thigh side down) to get a deep sear on one side, about 3 minutes. Once the side is seared, remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Add garlic and onions to the skillet and caramelize until onions turn brown and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add uncooked rice and stir, making sure each piece of grain is covered in oil. Add in the chicken stock and water and bring to a light simmer. Add lemon zest.
- Nestle the chicken thighs back in the pot. Cover and cook until all the liquid has been absorbed, about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Prep the steamed cauliflower rice according to the instructions given. Set aside.
- Once the rice cooked to your liking, remove the chicken thighs, then fold in the steamed cauliflower rice, bell pepper, parsley, olives and sea salt & pepper to taste. Add the chicken thighs back on top and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.