Sweet Red Juice & Juice Pulp Muffins
The summer is coming and so is the heat!
Staying hydrated helps you function at your best and keeps you on the regular. 🙂 Also, hydration helps you know the difference between thirst and hunger, making it easier to “smarter” and wiser eating choices.
Juicing is a proven and delicious way to stay hydrated! As part of my ongoing partnership with my friends from Kohl’s where I get to independently test the latest kitchen gadgets from their large suite of products, I wanted to share this amazing masticating slow juicer by Kuvings.
Kitchen products are an investment. Think of them less as a financial investment and more so as investments in your health and wellness. To that end, you need to be wise and purchase high quality products.
I’ve purchased several regular juicers at the $50-$100 price point. While they minimally did the job, they would end up breaking after about 6 to 7 months…and they were very loud! If you add up the repeat investment in the same product, you essentially arrive at (and often surpass) what it would have cost you for the higher quality product.
When I made the investment in a slow juicer like this Kuvings, the experience was night and day. Not only was the quality of juice better – very little (to no) separation of juice water and the pulp, but also the pulp itself was richer and thicker, inspiring other ways to use leftovers in my diet. Plus, in my experience, high quality products last MUCH longer and often come with extended warranties so you can make the investment with some comfort in the back of your mind that you’ll be taken care of should something happen.
Purchase this Kuvings Masticating Slow Juicer now from Kohl’s.
- Does a fantastic job of crushing the vegetables and fruits to maximize the amount of juice from the ingredients.
- Minimal separation of “juice water” and pulp.
- Not a counter-space saver. It has a long design so it may be challenging to keep on the counter as a daily item.
- Many parts – about 7. While it’s relatively easy to clean, you must be careful not to misplace some of the smaller parts needed for the juicer to function.
- Very quiet compared to other juicers
- Very competitive price given the quality of the juice. Comparable to others in the slow juicing space.
- Is it practical? Yes.
- Are there other uses beyond just drinking juice? Yes. Besides using the dried pulp in recipes, slow juicers can also make various nut milks such as almond and cashew, and then you can use the leftover pulp in sauces and breads.
- Will this product help further your wellness goals? Yes.
SWEET RED JUICE RECIPE
- Rich in antioxidants and a host of vitamins for skin and overall health
- Improved blood flow
- Increase in nitric oxide molecules which help allow more oxygen flow and lower blood pressure, great for exercising
- Immune defense
- Combating inflammation
SWEET RED JUICE RECIPE
For 16oz juice:
- 1 cup kale
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 small red apples
- 1 large beet
- 1-inch ginger
- Squeeze in fresh lemon juice to taste at the end
- First juice kale.
- Then alternate between juicing carrot, apples, beet and ginger.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
SWEET RED JUICE PULP BREAD RECIPE
For 8 large muffins:
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or 2g Stevia in the raw)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Wet ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup juice pulp
- Garnish (optional)
- raw cane sugar
- Set oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate smaller bowl, ONLY beat eggs, egg white and coconut oil.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold everything together. Then, slowly pour in almond milk and juice pulp.
- Gently fold everything together so that it is thoroughly mixed. If mixture is too wet, add tablespoons of oat flour until thickens. If mixture is too dry, add tablespoons of almond milk until loosens.
- Spray a regular sized muffin pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Evenly divide the batter among the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle raw cane sugar on top then bake for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden/brown and a toothpick comes out clean when the muffin/bread is pierced.