Healthy Cheerios Chicken Parmigiana
Do you love Italian dishes? They’re some of the world’s most beloved food. Here’s another Italian-inspired dish that you’ll absolutely love — healthy cheerios chicken parmigiana!
I can barely describe what I’m feeling whenever I enter an Italian restaurant. It’s somewhat delightful, to say the least. The only problem is that the usual way to prepare these favorites such as the chicken parms with marinara sauces doesn’t complement health and fitness goals.
In this recipe, I’ll make a twist on parmigiana by using one of the world’s most popular breakfast foods — Cheerios cereal! This nutritious overload will boost your heart health and bring you to peak fitness in no time. You can serve this on a weeknight dinner as is if you want. If you prefer, you can put it over some spaghetti, mashed potatoes, and egg noodles.
This cereal is made from oats which is an awesome complex carbohydrate to include in your special diets. It’ll help you get the energy you need throughout the day, especially for your workouts.
Making this chicken parmesan parmigiana is very quick and easy. The prep time will only take more or less 25 minutes of total cooking time. This even includes the baking chicken in the oven. Then a nutritious and delicious meal is ready to serve! You pretty much have a tasty dish before you even realize you’re done. It’s packed with protein, dietary fiber, calcium, potassium. The meal also has healthy levels of vitamins A, B, and C.
Wanna try out one of the classic Italian dishes? Save this right away for your future meal plans. Share it with your loved ones and friends too! Also, be sure to send me an email or freely comment down below on how this dish turned out for you.
The easier and fun journey towards your weight loss and fitness goals is one of the most important things to me. It inspires me to provide nutritious yet filling meals that fit your special diets.
Healthy Cheerios Chicken Parmigiana
- Set oven to 400 F (or 405 F).
- Rinse your chicken breasts with water, trim away any visible fat and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a sealable bag, add Cheerios cereal. Close the bag and mash the cereal with a blunt object in order to create crumbs. You can add it to a food processor and pulse blend until crumbs are made, but just be careful not to blend into a dust or flour like consistency. You want it chunky.
- Add the seasonings and parmesan cheese to the bag. Mix together and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with garlic paste and fresh ground pepper.
- Dip the raw chicken breast in the egg mixture, then place in the sealable bag. Shake until all parts of the chicken are coated. Place the coated chicken breast on a baking sheet or rack. Repeat.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 F (or 405 F). *Note, if your chicken breasts are really thick, bake in the oven for at least 15 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and spray with coconut oil.
- Toss in the ingredients for the marinara sauce and stir quickly. Reduce or remove from heat and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and then evenly divide the marinara sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle about 2 tbsp mozzarella on each of the 4 chicken breasts.
- Bake in the oven for 8 – 10 more minutes. Careful not to overcook the chicken!
SHARE & PIN
Approximate macros for 1 of 4 servings:
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.