Air-Fried Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Pineapple Sauce
Air-Fried Coconut Shrimp
- Set air fryer to 400F – 410F.
- Pat dry the shrimp then place them in a bowl, pour lite coconut milk over the shrimp and let them rest for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Mix together the ingredients for the batter. Set aside. Whisk eggs in another bowl and add coconut to another bowl, then set both aside.
- Take a piece of shrimp, gently shake excess milk off of it, then dip it in the flour, then the egg, then the shredded coconut. Place it in your air-fryer basket (or on a baking tray lined with parchment). Repeat for the remaining shrimp.
- Lightly spray the shrimp with avocado oil or cooking spray, then air-fry for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through if needed.
- Once air-fried, add some flake salt if you’d like, then enjoy the shrimp with the pineapple sauce (see below).
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
Mix together the ingredients for the sauce, EXCEPT the red pepper flakes. Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat.
Once hot, pour in the sauce and stir. When the sauce starts to lightly simmer and turn shiny, take it off the heat and stir immediately and continuously until smooth.
Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes and stir. Set aside in a container to cool down and thicken more.