Chimichurri Inspired Chicken & Rice
Chimichurri Chicken Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot, spray with oil then add in the chicken pieces. As the chicken sears, sprinkle in sea salt & pepper. Sear in the skillet for 3 to 4 minutes, then remove. Note: it is OK if the chicken is not cooked all the way since we will finish cooking it later.
- Reduce heat to medium, add oil to the skillet, then toss in garlic and onion and caramelize for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add UNCOOKED rice to the skillet, along with dried oregano and cumin, and quickly mix together, ensuring that each grain is covered in oil and seasoning. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken broth, add the chicken breast pieces, and bring to a light simmer. Cover and cook until rice is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked through and the majority of the liquid has been absorbed, remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Season to taste with sea salt & pepper. Enjoy with your favorite grilled vegetable.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.