Caribbean Rice and Beans with Shrimp
Caribbean Rice and Beans Recipe
- Set a skillet on medium-high heat, and once hot, add the shrimp. As it sears and cooks in the skillet, sprinkle in blackened seasoning. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the edges are seared and the shrimp is cooked through. Then remove the shrimp from the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium, then add oil, onions and garlic. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes until the onions turn brown and translucent.
- Add the rice and mix to ensure every grain has been covered in oil and onion.
- Pour in the chicken stock, coconut milk and red beans. Add pinches of sea salt & pepper, then stir and bring to a light simmer. Add the bay leaves, then cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Lower the heat to low, remove the bay leaves and fold in the cooked shrimp.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.