Lighter Chicken, Cheddar Broccoli Soup – Panera Copycat Recipe
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Set a Dutch oven pot on medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onions and garlic and saute for 3 – 5 minutes until soft. Note: if you’re using flour instead of arrowroot, then add the flour after the onions have cooked.
- Add broccoli, carrots and chicken meat. Mix together and then sprinkle in the seasonings. Cook for 1 minute then pour in chicken stock.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium, then cover and cook until the broccoli is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Pour in coconut milk and arrowroot powder (mixed with water). Stir.
- Add cheddar and stir until the cheese is completely melted. The cover and cook on low for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Enjoy with toasted sourdough!
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.