Soul Food Remix: Air Fryer Fish Nuggets & Collard Green Medley
Air Fryer Cod Recipe
Ingredients for 5 Air Fryer Cod servings
- 1 1/2 lb cod filets, cut into 2-inch nuggets
- 1/2 cup oat flour (to be keep it gluten free OR your choice of flour)
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons The Fit Cook Cajun seasoning (OR below substitution)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- Preheat air fryer to 400F/204C degrees or oven to 420F/216C.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. In a separate bowl, add the flour. In another bowl, mix together the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Mix the flour and seasonings. Then lightly toss the fish nuggets in the seasoned flour first, dip them in the egg mixture, then lastly place them in the cornmeal mixture. Alternatively, you can mix the flour, cornmeal and spices together.
- Place the breaded nuggets in the air fryer basket or on baking rack inside of a baking tray. and dip the fish in the eggs and then the cornmeal. Air-fry for 8 – 12 minutes depending on the size of the nuggets. Remove from the air fryer and allow to rest for 2 minutes before serving.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
Collard Green Medley Salad Recipe
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 slice thick center-cut bacon, chopped (I prefer smokey to add more flavor)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek (bulb only), sliced into rounds
- 3 collard green stems, diced
- 1 1/4 cups no salt added chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 lb collard greens, washed and chopped
- 1 large bundle chard, stemmed and chopped
- 1 large bundle kale, stemmed and chopped
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Wash the collard greens in a large pot or sink to remove dirt. Remove the stems. Stack the leaves on top of one another, roll them up and chop into pieces. Grab 3 of the stems and diced them into pieces.
- Set a pot on medium high heat, then add bacon, oil, leek and collard green stems. Cook until onions are tender and the edges have browned, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add half of the collard greens to the pot and reduce the heat to medium. Add half of the chicken stock and all of the vinegar and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until the greens wilt enough to allow you to add the remaining collards to the skillet. Stir.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until tender, about 15 – 20 minutes. Then add the remaining greens (chard and kale) and cook for an additional 10 minutes. The longer you cook them the better they taste.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy! Consider serving with air-fried fish nuggets!