This post is also available in: Spanish
There’s nothing better than a comfort food recipe that has been hacked to be a healthier, more powerful version of its former self. This white mac & cheese dish is no exception.
Ingredients for up to 5 servings:
- 4 slices turkey bacon (nitrate free, uncured)
- 4.5oz Ancient Harvest Gluten free Quinoa Macaroni pasta (or use whole wheat macaroni)
- 1 3/4 cup Greek yogurt (2%)
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- fresh chives
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil quinoa pasta and set aside.
- Slice bacon into pieces and then cook in a nonstick skillet with garlic paste on medium high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and add 1 cup of Greek yogurt, goat cheese, chives and mozzarella.
- Cook until the sauce is an even consistency.
- Let the sauce thicken and then remove from heat.
- Then add macaroni and the rest of Greek yogurt. Mix.
Approximate macros for 1 of 5 servings:
253 calories, 20g protein, 27g carbs, 8g fat