Here’s one of my favorite ways to enjoy a delicious parfait in the morning. Heat the berries up in a pan, add a few choice spices, then pour the berries over chilled Greek yogurt and top it off with granola.
Your tastebuds will thank you!
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 1 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup raspberry sauce (see recipe below)
- 3 tablespoons granola
Ingredients to make 2 cups of raspberry sauce:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (or blueberries)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon agave, honey or your choice of sweetener (optional)
- Optional Add-ons:
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- swap cinnamon for allspice
- Add coconut oil to a nonstick skillet set on medium heat. Add in the fresh berries and gently mash with a spatula as they heat up. About 5 minutes.
- Bring the berries to a light simmer. Sprinkle in cinnamon and your choice of sweetener if desired.
- Mix in the spices, reduce the heat to low, continue to cook for another minute, then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add Greek yogurt to a bowl or cup, then pour in the serving of warm berries.
- Top it off with your favorite granola.
Approximate macros for 1 serving:
356 calories, 35g carbohydrates, 10g fat, 33g protein, 4g fiber, 18g sugar