Here’s a tropical Latin-inspired chopped salad recipe as part of my Chopped Salad series! Remember, the wrap is optional and you can use whatever type of animal or vegan protein YOU prefer!
Ingredients for 1 wrap or salad:
- 1 10-inch whole wheat wrap
- 6oz wild salmon fillet, cooked & boneless
- 1 cup endive
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 serving (about 1/8 cup) creamy avocado green chiles dressing
- Creamy Avocado Green Chiles Dressing for 5 servings:
- 1/2 small avocado
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5oz (or three) whole green chiles (canned, with juice)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro
- pinch of sea salt
- pinches of coarse ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons water (or more if desired to make the dressing less thick)
- In a food processor, blend together all the ingredients for the Creamy Avocado Green Chiles dressing until smooth, then season to taste with sea salt & pepper. Place the dressing in an airtight container to enjoy at a later time.
- Place all the salad ingredients on a large cutting sheet, and using the longest and sharpest knife you have, begin to chop up the salad to desired thickness.
- Once the salad is chopped, add it to a mixing bowl then add 1 serving of the dressing. Mix the salad together with a spatula, then place some of the contents on whole wheat tortilla. Fold in the sides and tightly roll up the wrap.
- Enjoy any leftover chopped salad by itself.
Approximate macros for one 10-inch whole wheat tortilla:
200 calories, 30g carbs, 6g fat, 8g protein, 6g fiber, 3g sugar
Approximate macros for salad by itself with dressing:
447 calories, 19g carbohydrates, 21g fat, 46g protein, 7g fiber, 8g sugar
Approximate macros for 1 wrap with dressing:
647 calories, 49g carbs, 27g fat, 52g protein, 10g fiber, 11g sugar