This post is also available in: Spanish
I whipped this up in 15 minutes to feed my muscles after an intense training session. Simple recipe with ingredients you may have in your fridge and pantry. Vegetarians can easily substitute chicken with tempeh or even portobello mushrooms.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 6oz chicken breast (raw)
- 7 asparagus spears
- 1/2 cup brown rice (cooked)*
- spray coconut oil
- sesame seeds for texture and added flavor
- 3/4 – 1 tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tbsp raw, organic honey
- 1 tsp tapioca starch as a thickener*
(*) – denotes optional ingredient
- Chop chicken into small pieces. Cut off the white bottom of the asparagus spears then chop the remaining spear into pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with coconut oil and set on medium high heat.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook for between 5 – 7 minutes or until the pieces are 85% cooked.
- Toss in chopped asparagus and stir with a wooden spatula. Allow the asparagus to sear for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and then pour in the sauce. Stir quickly to ensure all the chicken and asparagus are equally coated.
- Enjoy with brown rice or your choice of complex carbohydrate.
Approximate macros WITHOUT brown rice:
269 calories, 20g carbohydrates, 2g fat, 43g protein, 2g fiber, 12g sugar