If you’re following the ketogenic diet – or a lower carbohydrate diet – try these tasty coconut curry chicken thighs. It only takes about 20 minutes and four ingredients from your local grocery store.
COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 1/2 lb (24oz) chicken thighs, raw and fat minimally trimmed
- substitution: lean chicken breasts, firm tofu, salmon
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- substitution: lite coconut milk to reduce amount of calories
- 4 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- spray olive oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- fresh cilantro
- Set oven to 400F.
- Trim some of the large pieces of fat from the chicken thighs. Then, rub the chicken thighs in 2 teaspoons of the red curry paste. Set them aside for about 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Spray a skillet with a little oil and set on medium heat. Once it’s hot, toss in onions and 2 teaspoons red curry paste. Cook the onions in the red curry paste for 3 to 5 minutes, careful not to let them burn.
- Add the chicken thighs and sear the top part of the the chicken thigh for about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the chicken thighs over, reduce the heat and add the canned coconut milk. Bring it to a simmer on low heat.
- Place the entire skillet in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 400F. You can broil for the final 2 minutes in order to brown the top of the chicken.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Approximate macros for 1 of 4 servings:
370 calories, 2g carbohydrates, 25g fat, 33g protein, 0g fiber, 3g sugar