Guarantee you’ve never had eggs, bacon & oatmeal quite like this before! These muffins are perfect for meal prep and will definitely be a hit with your family and friends.
And the best thing – they are very budget friendly and practical, using ingredients you likely have in your fridge and pantry right now.
- 8 slices turkey bacon (from leg meat, without nitrates)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon sage
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- nonstick cooking spray
- Set oven to 350F.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and toss in turkey bacon. To get crispier bacon without burning it, spray the bacon with a little olive oil (or cooking spray) while it cooks in the skillet. When it has finished cooking, chop it into pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients with a fork.
- Then, toss in the remaining ingredients and mix together thoroughly using a spatula.
- Spray a muffin mold with nonstick cooking spray, then evenly divide the batter among the muffin molds.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean after you pierce a muffin.
Approximate macros for 1 of 12 muffins:
179 calories, 13g protein, 15g carbohydrates, 8g fat, 2g fiber, 0g sugar
The suggested serving for a protein-rich breakfast would be 2 muffins.