Here’s a quick recipe for all of my peeps following a lower carb or ketogenic diet. It’s packed with tons of flavor and the green beans are fibrous and hearty enough to leave you feeling satisfied with a small amount (so you can watch that carbohydrate limit).
Ingredients for 3 servings:
- 3 cups raw green beans
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- Slice open a jalapeno, remove the seeds then chop it into pieces.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and add bacon.
- Cook bacon in the skillet until it is nice and crispy. Reduce the heat in the skillet, then add garlic and jalapeno. Cook for about 1 minute, but be careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Then add green beans and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the green beans are soft, yet still have some crunch.
- Season with a little sea salt, pepper and lemon. Stir it up, then finally, toss in the cooked bacon.
Approximate macros for 1 of 3 servings:
66 calories, 8g carbs, 2g fat, 5g protein, 3g fiber, 2g sugar