Here’s an Asian-inspired salad recipe as part of my Chopped Salad series! Remember, the wrap is optional and you can use whatever type of animal or vegan protein YOU prefer!
Ingredients for 1 wrap or salad:
- 1 10-inch whole wheat wrap
- 5oz chicken breast, cooked
- 2 tablespoons crushed, uncooked ramen noodles
- 1 baby bok choy
- 2/3 cup broccoli slaw
- 1/3 cup raw purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup cucumber
- fresh cilantro to taste
- Spicy Peanut Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons powder peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water (or enough to make the sauce less thick)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste*
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper garlic sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the peanut dressing and season to taste with sea salt & pepper.
- Place all the salad ingredients on a large cutting sheet, and using the longest and sharpest knife you have, begin to chop up the salad to desired thickness.
- Once the salad is chopped, add it to a mixing bowl then add the peanut dressing. Mix the salad together with a spatula, then place some of the contents on whole wheat tortilla. Fold in the sides and tightly roll up the wrap.
- Enjoy any leftover chopped salad by itself.
Approximate macros for one 10-inch whole wheat tortilla:
200 calories, 30g carbs, 6g fat, 8g protein, 6g fiber, 3g sugar
Approximate macros for salad by itself with dressing:
398 calories, 29g carbohydrates, 8g fat, 53g protein, 5g fiber, 11g sugar
Approximate macros for 1 wrap with dressing:
598 calories, 59g carbs, 14g fat, 61g protein, 11g fiber, 14g sugar