Made too much quinoa and don’t know what to do it with it? Don’t toss it out – bake it and turn it into “crisps” for faux-fried treats.
HEALTHY CHICKEN NUGGET RECIPE
Ingredients for 4 servings (of four ounces of chicken):
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- Set oven to 350F.
- Add parchment paper or foil to a baking sheet. Spread out the cooked quinoa on the sheet. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 350F, careful to monitor to ensure it does not burn. Once it finishes, allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Set oven to 420F.
- In a bowl, mix together the baked quinoa, parmesan and seasonings.
- In a smaller bowl, beat eggs together.
- Dip the chicken chunks in the egg batter, then coat with the quinoa mixture.
- Place the coated nuggets on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes to 18 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite condiment such as ketchup or mustard!
Approximate macros for 1 of 4 servings:
245 calories, 10g carbohydrates, 7g fat, 35g protein, 1g fiber, 0g sugar