If you’re looking to switch up your staple breakfast meal of oatmeal and eggs, then try this vegan breakfast quinoa bowl. Great way to get rid of leftover quinoa and it’s packed with natural sugars, complex carbs and healthy fats. Plus, it’s easy to make your own for your diet and budget!
Ingredients for up to 5 servings:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup naturally dried cranberries (your choice)
- 1/3 cup naturally dried cherries (your choice)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (your choice)
- 1/4 cup pepitas (your choice)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- chilled almond or coconut milk
- Cook quinoa according to the instructions and fluff with a fork.
- Toss in all of the ingredients into a bowl. Mix together.
- Each morning scoop out 3/4 cup and heat in the microwave or convection oven for no more than 1 minute.
- Pour in about 1/2 cup almond milk or coconut milk and enjoy.
Approximate macros for 1 of 5 servings:
228 calories, 6g protein, 32g carbs, 9g fat, 4g fiber, 12g sugar