This post is also available in: Spanish
Day 2 of the 5-Day Smoothie Challenge, Street Fighter Edition, is a golden tropical smoothie with both fruits and veggies. While many people enjoy snacking on cherry tomatoes, have you ever considered using them in a smoothie?
The sweet and subtle tangy flavors of cherry tomatoes pair nicely with tropical fruits and is an absolute flavor overload.
In the video game Street Fighter, Guile’s signature move was his “Sonic Boom” because it was an unexpected wave of energy. Similarly, you may never look at cherry tomatoes the same. And that’s a good thing. This is a great smoothie to have following a nice, hard workout. Toss in a little coconut water and you literally will be “golden.”
Remember, to play you must recreate and drink the smoothie, take a picture, share it with friends & family on your social media channel with the #fitmencook hashtag and give your thoughts about the smoothie. What did you like? What would you change? How do you feel?
- 10 yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mango (chopped)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup pineapple
- 1/4 cucumber (peeled)
- splash of coconut water*
(*) – denotes an optional ingredient; but, if you are playing the challenge, then trying it with the optional ingredients will give you extra points.
- Add ingredients listed above to a blender.
- Simply pulse blend for about 1 minute to ensure you remove any chunks, then blend until smooth.
- Instead of ordering a salad with your meal, try this. Or, simply drink as a snack.
Some quick benefits of this smoothie:
- Cherry tomatoes contain an antioxidant called lycopene which has been shown to help lower your risk of cardiovascular disease and even cancer
- Vitamin B-6 which has been shown to help the body metabolize protein and help improve brain health
- Supports skin and eye health
- Mangos have pectin which have been known to help in lowering levels of bad (LDL) cholesterol
Approximate macros (without coconut water): 173 calories, 3g protein, 43g carbs, 0g fat