Did you know that you do not have to use flour to make a delicious waffle? All you need is a sweet potato, some eggs and waffle iron. This is one of my favorite, quick sweet potato recipes that your appetite and your muscles will surely thank you for. It gives new meaning to “Chicken & Waffles.”
Ingredients make 2 large waffles for 1 or 2 servings:
- 225g sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- Seasonings: 1 tsp allspice, 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Grate a raw sweet potato into a bowl.
- Add 1 egg, 3 egg whites and seasonings to the bowl. Mix with a fork.
- Set your waffle iron on medium high heat and spray with coconut oil so that the waffle does not stick.
- Pour the batter onto the waffle iron and spread evenly. Close the lid and let it cook for about 5 minutes or until your waffle iron indicates the waffle is cooked.
Approximate macros for 1 waffle: 179 calories, 14g protein, 24g carbs, 3g fat