Go Back Print

Gluten-free Spicy Salmon Patties

Prep: 5 min
Cook: 10 min
Total: 15 min

Ingredients for 3 patties

  • 150z raw center-cut salmon, skinned
  • Spicy Rub
    • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
    • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
    • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
    • 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
    • pinch of sea salt & pepper
  • 1 green onion stalk, finely chopped
  • spray avocado oil


Step 1

Mix together the ingredients for the rub in a small bowl. Set aside.

Step 2

Remove the skin from the salmon using a sharp knife. Roughly divide the salmon into 4 equal parts. Take 1/4 (25%) of the salmon and set it aside.

Step 3

With the remaining 3/4 (75%), finely dice and chop the salmon into mince. To the other 1/4 (25%), simply chop those into small, chunky pieces. Then mix the 2 piles together.

Step 4

Sprinkle in the spicy rub and add the green onion. Thoroughly mix everything together using your hands. If the mix is not sticky enough to form patties, simply use a sharp knife to chop/dice the entire better to make more minced salmon.

Step 5

Make 3 equal patties. For best results, set the patties in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.

Step 6

Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat, once hot spray the skillet with avocado oil, then add the patties.

Step 7

Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, just enough to sear the outside and appropriately cook the inside.

Step 8

Enjoy with your favorite foods! I chose mashed avocado, a soft boiled egg and grilled portobello mushrooms!