6-Ingredient Ginger Miso Chicken & Rice
Ginger Miso Chicken Recipe
- Mix together the ingredients for the paste. Set aside.
- Cook rice according to instructions provided and set aside.
- Prep the chicken by cutting it into small pieces. I recommend to NOT add salt or pepper before cooking to prevent over-seasoning since miso is VERY salty and ginger is pretty fragrant.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat, once hot spray with a little avocado oil, then add chicken breast and ginger. Let the chicken rest in the skillet for 2 -3 minutes to lock in a rich sear, then begin stirring in the skillet.
- Then add asparagus and mushrooms. Continue stirring everything together and cook for about 3 – 5 minutes. To help soften the asparagus, you can cover the skillet for about 2 minutes to create steam – just make sure it is not burning/sticking.
- Reduce the heat to low-medium, then add the paste and let it melt all over the ingredients. Remove the skillet from the heat and continue folding everything in the paste.
- Lastly, add the rice. IF YOU ARE DOING KETO, enjoy with steamed cauliflower rice. Otherwise, add cooked brown rice. Mix everything together.
- Garnish and enjoy! Season to taste with low sodium soy sauce and/or fresh lime or lemon.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.