Reimagined 500 Calorie Burger King Cheese Whopper Burger
Lighter Cheese & Shiitake Whopper Burger
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the patty. Divide into 2 equally sized portions. Set a skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, spray with avocado oil or olive oil, then add the patty.
- Cook for 6 – 8 minutes on each side, or until your desired readiness. For the final minute of cooking add a thin slice of reduced fat cheddar to melt on top. Remove from the skillet.
- Toss in the shiitake mushrooms and add liquid aminos and cook for about 2 – 3 minutes until the mushrooms have reduced size. Remove from the skillet.
- If desired, toast the hamburger bun, otherwise, build the burger! Add a serving of sauce(see recipe below) to the bun, then add the patty, mushrooms, pickles, onion, tomato, lettuce.
Download the fitmencook app
Track your macros, plan your weekly meals, add recipes to your grocery list, as well as get access to over 500 healthy recipes by FitMenCook.
- Add all ingredients to a small container and mix everything together.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the potatoes and baking soda. Boil/cook for 18 – 22 minutes, or until the potatoes have softened and can be easily pierced with a fork. Remove the potatoes and allow them to cool enough to be handled.
- Set an air-fryer or oven to 420F/216C.
- Use the bottom of a drinking glass or skillet to gently mash each potato. Then place the mashed potato in the air fryer basket or on a baking tray. Generously spray with avocado oil (on both sides), then season each side with a bit of sea salt & pepper.
- Cook for roughly 15 minutes or until the edges/skin of the potatoes are brown and crispy. Season to taste with sea salt & pepper.