It’s official – the seasons are changing and it’s time to break out your favorite jacket and sweater because fall and winter are here. And as the seasons change it’s time to start tweaking some of your favorite meals to complement the holiday season. Here is an easy and delicious tweak to one of my favorite meals – parfait. WARNING: after trying this warm berry parfait, you’ll likely never go back to eating regular, cold parfaits.
- 1 scoop Labrada ISO LeanPro vanilla protein
- 1/3 cup mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 1/2 tbsp Kelapo Coconut oil
- 7oz Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup granola
- Spices: cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix protein with Greek yogurt. Add cinnamon and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps of protein.
- Set a skillet on medium heat and add coconut oil. Add berries to the skillet and stir with a spatula. Allow the berries to “explode” under the heat to create a natural syrup.
- Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to low and allow the berries to cook for 2-3 minutes, careful not to let them burn.
- Build the parfait. Add the protein yogurt mixture to a bowl, then add granola on top.
- Pour the warm berries over the granola.
Approx macros: 419 calories, 46g protein, 24g carbs, 16g fat