No need to choke down bland fish by drenching it in condiments!
Just spice it up for the week with this quick and easy cajun-inspired, spicy tilapia. All you need is wild caught tilapia (or another white fish) and a few spices you likely already have in your pantry.
- 1 1/2 lb wild-caught tilapia (raw)
- Spray olive oil
- Garnish: chopped parsley, lemon
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric*
- few pinches of coarse ground pepper
- few pinches of sea salt
- Set grill or oven to 375F.
- Spray tilapia fillets with olive oil and add seasonings. Rub the seasonings into the fillets.
- Place the fillets on an outside grill – be sure to spray the grill with cooking spray first – or place them on parchment paper or nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. The flesh of the tilapia should be completely white.
Approximate macros for 6oz of baked tilapia:
150 calories, 32g protein, 0g carbs, 3g fat, 0g fiber, 0g sugar