Here’s a quick and easy chicken meal prep recipe to prepare in bulk for the entire week. And best thing is, you can throw this together with items and seasonings you likely already have in your pantry. So, give the packaged seasonings a rest this week and make your own delicious marinade. You’ll surprise yourself!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for 8 servings of 4 oz chicken breasts:
- 2 lb chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup coarse ground mustard (or dijon)
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1.5 teaspoon garlic (minced or paste)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Set the heat on your grill (or oven) to 400F.
- Add all of the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix together.
- In a sealable plastic bag, add the chicken breasts. Pour about 2/3 of the marinade in the bag with the chicken, seal it and shake, ensuring all the chicken breasts have been covered in the marinade. Allow the chicken breasts to marinate in the bag for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Next place the chicken breasts on the grill – or a baking sheet for the oven – and cook for about 10 minutes on one side, then flip over.
- Brush the chicken with the remaining marinade and cook on the other side for another 8 to 10 minutes. Note: depending on the size and thickness of your chicken breasts, more or less time may be needed to ensure the chicken is properly cooked.
- If this is for your meal prep and you will eat it later in the week, remember to allow the chicken to cool to room temperature then freeze it. DO NOT cut it prior to freezing. Defrost it in the refrigerator the night before you are going to eat it.
Approximate macros for 1 of 8 servings:
188 calories, 28g protein, 14g carbs, 3g fat, 1.3g fiber, 11g sugar