I was in Kroger recently grabbing a few items for meal prep and I noticed they had a sale on wild-caught lobster tails for only $6 per tail so I couldn’t pass it up! I was immediately inspired to do two things: 1) fire up the grill; 2) make a seafood salad.
I sprayed the lobster tails with a little grapeseed oil and placed them on my smoker grill set at 200F. I smoked the tails for about 2 hours, then peeled them, cleaned them (if needed) and chopped it into pieces. Here’s the rest of this amazing recipe…
Oh, and if you do not have access to lobster or you cannot find it for an incredible price like I did, then you can use shrimp or fish like cod, trout or even salmon.
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 2 cups (3/4lb) chopped, smoked lobster tails
- 3 tablespoons lite safflower mayo
- 1 1/2 tablespoon 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic (paste or minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- fresh dill to taste
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together using a spatula.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before enjoying.
Approximate macros for 1 of 2 servings:
237 calories, 34g protein, 5g carbs, 7.5g fat, <1g fiber, 1g sugar