Learning how to cut down your time in the kitchen is essential for long-term success because you do not want to get burned out! Learn to multitask in the kitchen and cook multiple things at once. Starches and hearty veggies are ideal since you can cook those alongside a protein source, like chicken, in the oven.
Ingredients for 5 servings:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 3 red potatoes
- 4 fingerling purple potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 2.5 tbsp safflower oil (or olive oil)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp oregano
- juice from 1 lemon
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Set oven to 420F.
- Chop up your veggies. Slice carrots in half, cut the potatoes into chunky cubes and remove the stems from the broccoli. Place in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the seasonings.
- Pour the seasonings over the vegetables and mix together well.
- Spread the contents on a baking sheet. Sprinkle a bit of sea salt & pepper on top, then place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Approximate macros for 1 of 5 servings:
218 calories, 5g protein, 33g carbs, 7g fat, 5g fiber, 6g sugar