Sometimes you need a recipe that is quick, easy, filling and nutritious. And you can pretty much never go wrong with TexMex when you’re hungry. So, why not take a heart healthier spin on a TexMex favorite – the quesadilla?!
The good thing about quesadillas is that you can ALWAYS make them your own and make healthier versions of them, so really, there’s no excuse here. Try these guacamole stuffed quesadillas, great for dinner or game day!
Ingredients for 4 quesadillas:
- 4 low-carb and gluten-free tortillas (I used Guiltless Foods)
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 diced roma tomato
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- pinch of cumin
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- fresh lime juice to taste
- spray olive oil
- In a bowl, add the ripe avocado and mash it with a mallet or fork until is smooth yet has some chunks. Then toss in the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- Evenly divide and spread the guacamole on half of each tortilla then fold the tortilla to close it.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with olive oil and then set the skillet on medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is not, cook the quesadillas on each side for about 2 minutes or until the tortilla becomes golden brown and the edges began to crisp. Flip the tortilla over using a spatula and repeat.
Approximate macros for 1 quesadilla:
295 calories, 8g protein, 17g carbs, 23g fat, 12g fiber, 2g sugar