Whether you’re hosting a game watching party at the house or just needing some variety in your diet, you can never go wrong with Purple Potato Skins, perfect for just about any occasion. Purple potatoes are a great addition to your diet. They are packed with antioxidants which studies have shown help strengthen your immune system and prevent heart diseases & various types of cancers. And besides all the numerous health benefits, they are delicious and can be cooked in a variety of ways. Here’s one of my favorite ways.
- 2 fist-sized purple potatoes (4 potato skins will weigh about ~140g),
- 6oz chicken breast (diced)
- 1 oz goat cheese crumble
- 1-2 tbsp chopped green onion
- Seasonings: 1 tbsp sriracha, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp onion powder (optional), 1/2 tsp cumin.
- Set the oven temperature to 405F.
- Bake purple potatoes in the oven until soft (about 35 – 40 minutes).
- Slice the potatoes in half and carve out 2/3 for the content. Careful not to remove all of the insides. Set the contents of the potato aside for later use.
- Dice raw chicken breast into small pieces and season.
- Cook the chicken in a skillet, careful not to overcook.
- Divide the chicken pieces evenly and place in the potato halves.
- Bake the stuffed skins in the oven at 405F for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with goat cheese and green onions if desired.
Approx macros: 396 calories, 43g protein, 28g carbohydrates, 9g fat, 2g fiber, 1g sugar