People often share with me that quinoa is bland and often uninspiring. I used to think the same thing until I started to prepare it differently. Here is an easy delicious, savory quinoa dish that has moisture because of the way it is prepared in a savory broth. Guarantee this recipe will inspire you to jazz it up and make it your own!
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups veggie stock (unsalted)
- 1 can (15oz) black beans, no salt added
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Add some olive oil to a pot, set it on medium heat, then add garlic and red onion. Sauté for about 2 minutes (careful not to let the garlic burn), then add uncooked quinoa. Sear the quinoa for about a minute, then add veggie stock and cumin. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the quinoa is fluffy.
- Then, add black beans, bell pepper, cilantro and sea salt & pepper. Stir it up then cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes covered.
- Portion it out for your meal prep and enjoy!
Approximate macros for 1 of 8 servings:
157 calories, 24g carbs, 4.25g fat, 6.5g protein, 5g fiber, 2g sugar