This post is also available in: Spanish
Here is a fast food makeover you DON’T want to pass up! Popcorn chicken. The same delicious flavor but with twice the protein, half the carbs and much LESS saturated fat!
Better than fast food, and much better for your body! You can toss these in a salad, enjoy them as snacks on game day or even include them in lettuce or whole-wheat tortilla wraps – the possibilities are virtually endless!
Ingredients for up to 4 servings:
- 1lb chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1.5 scoop Quest Nutrition Multipurpose Protein Mix
- Substitute: 3/4 cup coconut flour or almond flour however, keep in mind the macronutrients will change.
- 1.5 cup wheat panko crumbs
- Substitute: wheat bread crumbs, or my favorite, toasted Ezekiel bread that has been pulverized in a blender.
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tablespoons garlic (minced or paste)
- pinch of sea salt & pepper
- Set oven to 420F.
- Chop chicken breasts into small pieces, about the size of your thumb. Remember, that the smaller you cut the chicken breast pieces the more panko crumbs you may need to cover the pieces.
- Season the chicken pieces with garlic, sea salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs and sriracha in a bowl and set aside.
- In two separate bowls, add Quest Nutrition protein powder to one bowl and wheat panko crumbs to the other.
- Cover the chicken pieces in the protein powder mix and then dip the piece in the egg mixture. Finally, lightly coat the chicken piece in wheat panko crumbs. Place the chicken pieces on a baking rack or baking sheet. Repeat until all of the chicken pieces have been covered.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow them to cool slightly before enjoying!
Approximate macros for 1 of 4 servings:
276 calories, 41g protein, 19g carbs, 4g fat, 3g fiber, 2g sugar
SHARE AND PIN: