Here’s a quick spin on my hi-protein zucchini lasagna that will help with portion control. Raid your (grand)mom’s cabinet and grab some hermetic jars and stuff them with the lasagna ingredients. You can also find jars at places like Container Store, Walmart and Target. This is simple, fast and budget friendly.
This is also a great idea you can use for tailgates, parties, picnics and more.
Simply remove the metal ring and reheat in the microwave or in the oven. And since hermetic jars are airtight, these store and freeze well so you can enjoy throughout the week.
Ingredients for up to 6 servings:
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1.5 cup low sodium basil marinara sauce (I used Trader Joe brand)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella (optional but recommended)
- Seasonings for meat: garlic powder, onion powder, cumin. Seasoning may not be needed if you purchase a “seasoned” marinara sauce.
Approximate macros for 1 of 3 servings (using about 5oz lean turkey):