Just because you reduce the carbohydrates, gluten and dairy in your diet, doesn’t mean you have to lose out on a lot of flavor. Here’s one of my favorite low-carb recipes that’s both filling and flavorful.
Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 3/4 lb giant shrimp
- 2 large spaghetti squash (roughly 20oz when baked and pulled out of rings)
- Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup red onions
- 1 cup coconut cream
- juice from 1 lemon (or to taste)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- fresh dill
- coarse pepper
- spray olive oil or coconut oil
- set oven to 400F.
- Using the sharpest and largest knife you can find, cut spaghetti squash into rings. Remove the insides, then place the rings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush or spray the rings with olive oil and add a pinch of sea salt & pepper. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes. Once the squash has finished baking, allow it to cool, then gently pull the spaghetti out of the rings and set in a bowl.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the shrimp and cook until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. While the shrimp is cooking, add a pinch of sea salt & pepper. Set the shrimp aside.
- Using the same skillet, add olive oil and saute garlic and red onion for about 3 minutes, being careful not to let the onions or garlic brown. Then, add the remaining ingredients for the sauce. Once it begins to simmer, reduce the heat to low and cook for about another 1 -2 minutes.
- Add a serving of pasta to a plate, then a serving of shrimp, then pour part of the sauce over it.
- Garnish, then enjoy immediately!
Approximate macros for 1 of 2 servings:
546 calories, 39g protein, 27g carbohydrates, 32g fat, 5g fiber, 2g sugar