This post is also available in: Spanish
Fresh fruit is great for snacking, and in some cases, complementing meals like breakfast. Often times though when I eat fruit by itself, I’m rarely left feeling satisfied which is why I enjoy adding heart-healthy fats such as nuts and seeds to increase the amount of calories. This time I used avocado and it was pretty delicious.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 1/2 red grapefruit (chopped)
- 1/2 Haas avocado (chopped)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- juice from 1 mandarin
- 1 mint sprig (chopped)
- 1 packet Stevia (optional)
- Cut grapefruit and avocado into small pieces.
- In a bowl, add grapefruit, avocado and berries.
- In a separate bowl, mix orange juice and chopped mint, and if desired, 1 packet Stevia.
- Drizzle the juice over the grapefruit, avocado and berries. Mix with a spatula and enjoy.
Approximate macros for 1 serving:
251 calories, 35g carbohydrates, 14g fat, 5g protein, 10g fiber, 18g sugar