How we start our day largely influences how the rest of our day will unfold – so start on the right foot with a nutritious and filling breakfast!
Here’s an easy breakfast that you can meal prep for at least 3 days and easily re-heat in an oven or microwave (just remove the metal rings on the jar).
Remember to customize the recipe to compliment your fitness and wellness goals.
The jar used here for 1 serving is a 12oz hermetic jar.
Ingredients for 1 serving or 12oz jar:
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 100g grated yam (or sweet potato)
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/8 cup (or 2 tablespoons) diced red onion
- 1/3 cup shredded spinach
- 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded parmesan (optional)
- 1 ½ teaspoon herb seasoning
- pinch of sea salt
- Peel then grate the yam into a bowl and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs & egg whites with herb seasoning.
- Add bell pepper, red onion, spinach and a little parmesan (if desired) to the eggs. Mix together.
- Spray a hermetic jar (at least 12oz in size) with olive oil then add the grated yam. Pat it down so it covers the bottom part of the jar.
- Pour in the egg and veggie mixture, then place it on a baking sheet.
- Top it off with a few sprinkles of parmesan (as garnish), then bake in the oven for about 30 minutes at 375F.
Approximate macros for 1 jar:
493 calories, 45g carbs, 15g fat, 41g protein, 4g fiber, 3g sugar