This post is also available in: Spanish
Here is a twist on a Southern classic dish using Quest Protein chips and new Quest Protein Powders. The perfect bite-sized snack for game day, parties and even kids. Can you believe there’s less than 2g carbs and about 7g protein per chicken & waffle bite?! Guarantee this will become a staple in your household. Boom.
Ingredients for 40 crispy baked chicken bites:
- 3 bags of Quest Sea Salt Chips ®
- 6 tbsp Chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup shredded low fat coconut
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp zero calorie sweetener
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar –free syrup
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken breast, cubed into 40 pieces
Ingredients for 40 mini waffles:
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup 1% milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons zero calorie sweetener
- 2 tablespoons lite butter spread (or coconut oil like I used in the video)
- 1 scoop Quest vanilla powder
- 1 scoop Quest multi-purpose mix protein powder
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour
- Set oven to 405F.
- In a blender or mini food processor, add Quest Protein Chips, pecans, coconut, cayenne, zero calorie sweetener and salt. Pulse blend until you get crumbs.
- Cut chicken into 40 small pieces.
- Dip chicken into sugar-free syrup, and then coat each piece lightly with the crumbs.
- Place the pieces on a baking rack or sheet. Bake for 15 minutes at 405F.
- In a bowl, mix egg, milk, vanilla extract, baking powder, zero calorie sweetener and lite butter spread (or coconut oil).
- Add both Quest protein powders and brown rice flour.
- Add waffle batter to waffle iron and cook for 3 minutes or until done.
- Chop waffles into 40 pieces and stack up the chicken & waffle bites!
Chicken Macros per serving (1 of 40):
Waffle Macros per serving (1 of 40):